In the field and in the office, I am working on the Wisconsin Groundwater-Level Monitoring Network. I provide support by contacting landowners to gain access permissions for groundwater level monitoring, working with contractors who are installing and repairing wells, and collecting geophysical logs. In the office, I write and compile technical reports to the U.S. Geological Survey and for the Wisconsin Groundwater-Level Monitoring Network.
In the lab, I am collaborating on a project to develop standard procedures and protocols to optimize data quality for our in-house portable X-ray fluorescence (pXRF) elemental analyzer. Commercially available standards are expensive to purchase and are not calibrated for the rocks found in Wisconsin. It is our goal to develop our own set of standards so that we will be able to generate more accurate results and help keep analysis costs low.
My projects are summarized in this interactive map:
- Bremmer, S.E., and Tobin, H.J., 2019, Three-Dimensional Structural Interpretation and Analysis of Spatial and Temporal Accretionary Wedge and Decollement Evolution, Nankai Subduction Zone, Kii-Kumano Region, SW Japan: AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, v. 41. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019AGUFM.T41J0273B/abstract
- Bremmer, S. E., 3D Structural interpretation and analysis of spatial and temporal accretionary wedge evolution, Nankai subduction zone, Kii-Kumano region, Japan. M.S. Thesis, Dept. of Geoscience, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Zambito, J., McLaughlin, P., and Bremmer, S. E., 2017, Elemental chemostratigraphy of the Cottage Grove Hole MP-18 Core: Implications for litho- and hydrostratigraphy in southcentral Wisconsin, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey Open-File Report. https://wgnhs.wisc.edu/pubs/wofr201703/.
- Bremmer, S. E., and Tobin, H., 2016, Detailed three dimensional structural analysis of the outer Nankai accretionary wedge, Kii-Kumano region, southwest Japan. T31C-2902, AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts 31. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016AGUFM.T31C2902B. (poster)
- Zambito, J., McLaughlin, P., Haas, L., Stewart, E., Bremmer, S., and Hurth, M., 2016, Sampling methodologies and data analysis techniques for geologic materials using portable X-ray fluorescence (pXRF) elemental analysis, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey Open-File Report. https://wgnhs.wisc.edu/pubs/wofr201602/.
- Bremmer, S., McLaughlin, P., Zambito J., Stewart, E., Mauel, S., Batten, W., 2015, Building a new regional synthesis of Cambrian siliciclastics: Chronostratigraphy and paleoenvironmental analysis of the Eau Claire through Tunnel City interval (Stage 3-Furongian) across Wisconsin. 29. GSA North-Central Section Meeting Abstracts 29. https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2015NC/webprogram/Paper256114.html. (poster)
- Zambito, J., Mauel, S., McLaughlin, P., Batten, B., Bremmer, S., Stewart, E., Stewart, E.K., and Sellwood S., In prep, Preliminary bedrock geology of Columbia County, Wisconsin, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey.
- Bremmer, S., Middleton, L., and Riggs, N., 2013, Heavy mineral analysis of the Blue Mesa, Sonsela, and Petrified Forest members of the Triassic Chinle formation, AZ. 14-252. GSA Annual Meeting and Abstracts, https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2013AM/webprogram/Paper229473.html. (poster)
- American Association of Petroleum Geoscientists, member
- American Geophysical Union, member
- Association for Women Geoscientists, member
- Geological Society of America, member
- Planetary Society, member