We’re looking for a talented GIS specialist/cartographer to help with mapping and research projects at the Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey.
- Provide GIS support for geologic mapping projects
- Collaborate with scientists to create and maintain map databases
- Create cartographic and data visualization products
Additional duties may include assisting with GIS database maintenance, researching GIS best practices and documenting workflows, assisting with management of geospatial web maps and services, and creating scripts and models to automate common tasks.
Degree and area of specialization
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and/or professional experience in relevant field preferred.
- Experience with GIS software (especially ArcGIS)
- Experience with graphic design software (such as Adobe Illustrator)
- Experience with cartography
- Knowledge of a scripting language and application to GIS automation
- Ability to independently accomplish detail-oriented work duties, and collaboratively advance team projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, willingness to share knowledge and train colleagues, and strong organizational skills
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro
- Demonstrated expertise in ArcGIS and graphic design software
- Demonstrated cartography experience, including production of small- and large-scale maps
- Education or experience in the geosciences, especially with geologic maps
More details on this position are available in the full description.
For more information, contact Caroline Rose (email@example.com).
Application deadline: February 8, 2021, 11:55 pm (Central Standard Time)